How is everyone doing? For us and other small indie bookshops, this will be a challenging season to be a brick and mortar, but perhaps a good time to hole up and read. Myself and the entire Browsers staff hope that you consider supporting us in your hearts and in your book reading routines, as daily life begins to shift. Here are some of the things we are doing to better support our readers.
- Home Delivery: We will deliver our beautifully wrapped books anywhere in Olympia (including immediate surrounding areas)! You can pay for your books over the phone (360-357-7462) and a bookseller will drop off the book as soon as we can. You can also email the store and we can do the transaction online.
- Curbside Delivery: Call the store, pay for your books, and we'll run it out to your car when you arrive. We have a convenient loading zone right in front of the store (put your hazard lights on).
- Free Shipping: You can buy books on our website and we will send them for free! (choose Media Mail Shipping at checkout).
- Hours: We are still open our regular hours. 10-7 Monday-Saturday and 11-6 on Sunday.
- Events: All events and book clubs in March have been cancelled. We hope to reschedule the authors later this Spring.
- Cleaning: We are taking extra precautions around sanitation at the bookstore, per the WHO and CDC sites. We are regularly sanitizing high touch zones, employees are regularly and thoroughly hand washing, as well as practicing good respiratory hygiene (coughing and sneezing into arms).
For now, I am thinking about making a whole lot of soup and reading some really good books. Mirror & the Light, I am looking at you.
I hope you are reading something good,