Join us as welcome Anna Katz and Shane Robinson to Browsers in support of their new book from Mountaineers Books, Swimming Holes of Washington: Perfect Places to Play.
If you love the water, then you’ll love Swimming Holes of Washington. This fun and useful guide brings you to some of the best swimming spots around the state — lowland rivers in the Olympics, alpine lakes in the Cascades, waterfall pools near Mount Baker, and every watery pocket and punchbowl in between. Whether you’re a hiker ready to tube a few rapids or a family
out for a picnic and easy plunge, everyone will enjoy this guide to swimming, gentle woodland adventure, and swinging out over a pool of cold, clear water.
What makes a good swimming hole? From drive-ups to hike-ins, in-city to backcountry, cleanliness and clearness of the water are paramount! But the beauty of the surrounding area, the company (or
wonderful lack thereof), and the effort involved in getting there are also considered. From swimming classics to hidden gems, it’s the ultimate list for water lovers of all ages who want to find beautiful, joyful, perfect places to play!
This colorful, detailed guide features:
- 68 swimming holes, with an emphasis on natural locations
- Type and quality of water, best season to go, amenities, and descriptions for each destination
- Tips from locals and reports on other folks you’ll meet—hipsters to locals, teens to tourists, and more
- Driving directions and GPS coordinates, plus trail maps for remote holes
- Info on swimming safety, etiquette, lingo, and gear