Browsers is committed to supporting local authors and our local community.
If your book has been published by an established publisher or is distributed by our major vendors, and we decide to stock your book, we will then purchase it directly from the publisher or vendor.
If your book is self-published or not available through our wholesalers or is only available on a non-returnable basis, we will consider selling it on a consignment basis. On consignment, the book remains your property until sold. Browsers is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged merchandise. If you would like your book considered, please follow the consignment guidelines below:
- We prefer that consignment requests be made in writing, via email. We are unable to accommodate walk-in visits or telephone inquiries prior to acceptance.
- Our standard consignment terms are: We take a 40% discount (60% of sales go to the author/consignor) and we keep consigned books in stock for a minimum of 180 days (depending on sales). Payment is made twice a year in June and at the end of December. It is the author’s responsibility to delivery new inventory and pick up unsold inventory.
- To submit a book for consideration, please fill out our consignment sales agreement and also email a one-paragraph letter including your contact information, book title, ISBN, and price information, along with promotional materials, publicity plans, target audience, and any connections to Olympia.
- Please do not drop off or mail review copies at the bookstore without our permission. Any review copies submitted to us becomes property of Browsers Bookshop.
- We will notify you by email of our decision.
- We do author events and will consider doing a book signing for an author whose book is selling well at our bookstore.
- We are proud to support local authors through our consignment program. We do our best to provide shelf space for consignment books, while still keeping in mind our inventory needs and the interests of our customers.
If these terms are acceptable, please feel free to drop off a completed, signed agreement form and one to three books at our front counter. Please email if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org